Sunday, July 6, 2008

Speaking of the pink huntress...

While most of the country was fixated on red, white and blue this weekend, someone was getting all excited about pink.

Yes, the Pink Huntress - Keli Van Cleave - has surfaced again, and what has she got in her hot little hands but her newest product: pink binoculars.

They're made by Alpen Optics, and they'll be available starting in August, which is when Van Cleave, based in Colorado, will begin using them for archery season.

Now, Van Cleave knows I'm not a fan of pink, so she apologized for not creating a spiffy blue model (like Gander Mountain did with rifles and shotguns last week). But honestly, I don't think it would bother me to carry these. I'm pretty sure none of the guys I hunt with would pick them up by accident. And I do like to make a statement.

I'm also thinking The Hunter's Wife might want a pair of these pink binoculars as a fashion statement to go with her flashing-light-pink-fishing-rod, so someone please be sure to tell her husband about these. Jody, imagine how cool you'd look scanning the water with these fine optics!

Meanwhile, congrats to Van Cleave for getting another highly unusual product to market. We've seen the pink bow. Now we've got pink binoculars. I'm just waiting for pink waders so I can rise to her somewhat insane challenge to go duck hunting in pink.

And in case you're one of these people who likes details, here are the specs from Alpen's website. Click on the image to see it a little larger. And if you prefer to look these things up yourself, just look for the Apex 8x42 model - that's what the pink binos are.


To read other posts mentioning Keli Van Cleave, click here.

© Holly A. Heyser 2008

5 comments:

Blessed said...

Awesome - a pair of binoculars my husband won't steal. I'm glad to see that she isn't just making them pink but is making sure at the same time that they are high quality!

SimplyOutdoors said...

I don't think I'd want to be caught with them, but the wife might enjoy!

Kristine said...

Still not a fan of pink, but those are pretty cool. You're right, you probably wouldn't lose them if you took them in the woods.

The Hunter's Wife said...

I would LOVE a pair of those!

Native said...

I will also have to say that camo and black are awfully hard to locate when dropped in the woods.
Ever try looking for a dropped (camo) radio? not fun at all and especially when the person who dropped it had turned it off!
Those pink ones would be very easy to spot!