Cazadora's Code of Ethics
What to expect on this blog:
1. The truth. Call me on it if I get a fact wrong - I'll fix it.
2. My opinions. Feel free to disagree - that's what the "comment" feature is for.
3. My agenda. I believe hunting is good, and I'm on a mission to dispel common misconceptions about hunting.
4. My words. It's all original.
5. Lots of photos. Most are mine; some are not. If you believe I've used anything here in violation of the Fair Use doctrine, let me know.
6. Reviews. From time to time I review products and services. While I do not require gear or services to be provided for free in order to review them, I do accept some free gear and services. Scroll down to see which products and services I've paid for and which I've received for free.
7. Advertising. It helps pay the bills.
I may receive a commission for purchases you make after clicking on some links included in blog posts and in ads on the sidebars. However, some advertisers' terms prohibit me from disclosing that I earn commissions from them, so I can't tell you which links may benefit me. Rest assured, though, that I do not require a commission for linking to products - I link to products I write about regardless of whether there's anything in it for me.
Some - but not all - of the hunting gear discussed in this blog was provided free for review. Which is which?
Provided at no cost:
- Alpen Optics binoculars (2008)
- Cabela's Cazadora Waders - prototypes provided for product testing - I helped design them. (2008-09)
- Filson chaps and safari cloth pants - I gave away both after the review, and missed the chaps so much I asked for them as a Christmas present (2008); women's upland vest (2010).
- Fishing with Mosquito Fleet in La Paz, BCS, Mexico (2010)
- Foxy Huntress pants, shooting shirt (not reviewed, but seen in photos), jacket (2008)
- Haley Vines Collection rain jacket (2011)
- Head Down duck hunting cap, which I got from Feather Flage (2011)
- Hunting - Philosophy for Everyone, a book edited by Nathan Kowalsky (2010)
- Nikon Monarch 3 binoculars (2011)
- Lift - a book by Rebecca K. O'Connor (2009)
- Native Hunt wild hog hunts in June and August 2008 and dove hunt in 2009
- Prois Competitor Shooter's Shirt and Eliminator jacket - both perquisites of being on Prois Field Staff (2010 and 2011)
- Red Wing Shoes/Irish Setter Ladyhawk boots (2008)
- SHE Safari shooting shirt - not reviewed, but seen in photos (2008)
- Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat: Why it's So Hard to Think Straight About Animals, a book by Hal Herzog (2011)
- Winchester Blind Side shotshells - two boxes (2011)
- WindWhacker motion decoys - received one set free in 2010, paid for first two sets in 2008.
Won at a raffle:
- Beretta 3901 12 gauge shotgun, a.k.a. Sarah Connor (2010)
- TriStar over and under 12 gauge shotgun (2010)
Got discounts for:
- Gun Storage Solutions Rifle Rods - paid full price, but didn't pay for shipping (2010)
- Trailfeathers camo trekker jacket and double-fly pants - paid wholesale (2009)
- Gun care by Dale Tate in exchange for advertising (2010)
- Winchester Blind Side shotshells in exchange for advertising (2011-12)
Paid full price for:
- All books except as noted above
- Beretta Urika AL391 shotgun (2006)
- Bushnell Elite 3200 scope, 3-9x40 (2009)
- Fitaski adjustable-comb stock (2010)
- Gunfitting for Beretta 391 with Dale Tate (2007)
- Filson shooting shirt (2009)
- Prois Hunting Apparel pants, long-sleeve T (2008)
- Savage 114 (American Classic) .270 rifle (2009)
- SHE Safari brush pants, upland vest - gave away brush pants (2008)
- Walker's Game Ear (2007)
- WindWhacker motion decoys - paid for first two sets in 2008; received one free in 2010.