Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The newest member of Prois Field Staff is...

... me! That's right: I'm very pleased to announce that I've joined the Field Staff of Prois Hunting Apparel.

I met Prois owner Kirstie Pike at the 2008 SHOT Show and immediately took a liking to her and her women's hunting clothing line. The Prois motto is "Serious Huntwear for Real Women," which was a breath of fresh air for me after walking around the SHOT Show and seeing more camo lingerie and swimwear than women's camo huntwear. Read more...
Her clothing line stood out just as much as her attitude: Prois uses great fabrics - soft, quiet and sweat-wicking. There are some really nice touches, such as pleated knees to keep pantlegs from binding when you kneel or sit - still my favorite feature, which I really appreciated when I got my first deer ever two weekends ago. And Kirstie's clothing is made in America, so she's putting people to work here, not overseas.

What does being on the Prois Field Staff mean? I'll be trying out a lot more Prois gear, and - one of the best parts - I'll be promoting women in hunting. In fact, that's what Kirstie brought up first when she asked me to join the Field Staff. I quote: "I'm gathering a handful of badass female hunters that really promote the inclusion of women in the outdoors, work in the industry and work continuously to learn the art of hunting." Right up my alley!

Just as important is what this appointment doesn't mean. Kirstie's first concern when she invited me to join the staff was that she didn't want to inhibit my ability to review all women's hunting clothing, so I'll continue writing honestly about other clothing that comes to my attention, and I'll be keeping that women's hunting clothing list on the right column of this page.

And she doesn't mind that I'm working with Cabela's on women's duck hunting waders - something that's not in her clothing line. "Competition is a good thing," she said.

See why I like her so much?

© Holly A. Heyser 2009


13 comments:

Jules said...

How cool is that! I found Prois through you, I think, and I really like my shirt. Haven't tried the pants yet, as I don't want to rip them up bear hunting, which is what we're doing now. I'd better put them on soon - this is the last weekend for deer for me.

native said...

Holly, It really is wonderful that you have been selected for a staff position at Prois.

Do you think any of them clothes there will fit me? ;-)

Barbara Baird said...

Welcome to the Prois team, Holly. We're delighted to have you with us, and can hardly wait to hunt with you in the future.

Gretchen Steele said...

Yay Holly! Glad to see this happen. I have to agree that prois makes some of the best women's hunting clothing. I'm sure this will be a great partnership for all concerned.

SimplyOutdoors said...

Congrats Holly. And it sounds like she has the right philosophy.

And I love that you're taking every opportunity to post a picture of your deer. I would be too:)

Hil said...

Way to go. Prois' stuff is killer, for sure. The thumbholes in the sleeves are absolutely brilliant!

Blessed said...

Enjoy your newest gig Holly! It sounds like a perfect fit for you.

Holly Heyser said...

Native: Uh. No. (OK, maybe a hat.) But thanks!

Simply: I must be transparent as a 2-year-old. LOL.

Everyone else: Thanks! It's interesting: There are other good women's hunting clothing companies out there, which I am thrilled to see, and I have items from them that I really like. But the fit with Kirstie and Prois was a no-brainer, especially after I got to know her better at Team Huntress this summer. She's just good people!

Marian Ann Love said...

Congrats Holly - You look great in the hunting apparel and I know you will do the company proud! :)

The Hunter's Wife said...

Congrats Holly! You will be a great addition to Prois.

ironman said...

You Never cease to amaze me holly!

Josh said...

Congratulations! I am especially impressed that her stuff is made in the U.S.A. I'm not a stickler about too much, but that is one. The folks at Prois sound like stand-up people.

I did catch that you said you would, "continue writing honestly about other clothing..."
; )

Phillip said...

Well-deserved on all counts, Holly! Congratulations, and I have no doubt you'll be a great addition to the Prois team!