Sunday, February 3, 2008

Confessions of a huntress - and karma!

There was something I didn't tell you about this morning's SHE Safari press conference. Yes, I was impressed by the incredible lineup of huntresses and the cool clothing line and the new TV show.

But I'll admit it: The thing that really took my breath away was when Jim Shockey walked into the room.

Being a chick, I don't watch hunting TV to see hot guys. Ladies, you know what I mean. But Jim Shockey is definitely the sexiest guy in hunting television.

So what did I do when I saw him? Averted my eyes and did pretty much everything but introduce myself to him. I'm not an autograph-seeking kind of girl. I texted Phillip - editor of the JHO Journal and the author of The Hog Blog - to tell him that I was swooning over Shockey. Later, I even called the Boyfriend, who's aware of my Shockey crush, to tell him about it. The Super Bowl was going to be on soon, so he didn't really care. And that was it.

So, a couple hours later, I was back on the exhibit floor again, making a beeline toward the Gamehide booth to see what they might have for women, and who do I see there but Julie Kreuter from the Outdoor Channel's "Dream Season" TV show. She happens to be Boyfriend's very favorite hunting TV chick, which is saying something, because there are plenty of cuties out there.

Julie is just as adorable in person as she is on TV. And she was safe! I could introduce myself to her without a scintilla of embarrassment, tell her about my boyfriend's appreciation of her incredible beauty and even assure her husband that my boyfriend was safely 1,300 miles away.

Could I take her picture - for my boyfriend? No, her husband would take a picture of us together!

Thanks, Julie and Rick!

Julie Kreuter and me

© Holly A. Heyser 2008

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too funny. You wouldn't approach your "crush" but had no problem getting a picture with your boyfriend's crush.

I'm exactly the same way. I'm not really into autographs, and so when I see someone I admire, I tend to shy away a bit. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one like that.

Holly Heyser said...

And just as well too, considering Shockey's wife was with him yesterday because she's part of the SHE Safari Pro Team. She's the reason he was there!

Not that I'm a hussy who would act on any of this, but it does seem a bit tawdry to fawn over a man in front of his wife. I've been around when women have done that with my boyfriend, and it is a tad difficult resisting the urge to punch them.

No, I'm not territorial!

Hunter Angler Gardener Cook said...

Women have done that around me? Really? Must have missed it...

8-)

Holly Heyser said...

Yes, honey! I'm glad you notice that as much as you notice dirt and dust around the house. ;-)