Saturday, November 24, 2007

Epilogue: Nothing to see here!

Today's hunt at Gray Lodge was what we like to refer to as "hiking with guns." It was warm and still, and birds just weren't flying. But we hoofed it a couple miles in the shadow of the incredibly beautiful Sutter Buttes, and there are far worse ways to spend a Saturday afternoon. My 20s come to mind.

On the bright side, the burritos were fantastic, and it was a triumph that they stayed warm for seven hours during our drive to Gray Lodge, the hunt and part of the drive home. I give full credit to my Chinese lunch bucket I purchased on a trip to Manhattan last spring.

The photo shown here isn't an exact replica, but I saw this model during the same shopping trip and I'm sure it would do the job just as well. Click on the photo for a link to the store: Pearl River, a great place to buy beautiful ceramic kitchenware, if you're into that kind of thing.

No comments: