Friday, November 16, 2007

Touching photos

Field & Stream has a great photo spread in its new issue about kids hunting, and it includes some really touching shots of girls hunting, including a little boy who helped his little sister get her first bird, and one shot of a dad holding his rifle in one hand and his little girl in the other while they're out in the woods, which just about brought a tear to my eye. Wish I could've gone hunting with my dad!

Thanks to FS Huntress for tipping me off to it, and hats off to photographer Erika Larsen for the nice work.


2 comments:

Mike Shimniok said...

This is cool. Saw the post about your blog on deer camp blog. Anyhoo, this is great -- I just went on my 1st hunting trip (deer, elk) at age 38, so eager to read more about your experiences. Going pheasant hunting in a few weeks. Take care and best of luck and safety to ya.

Holly Heyser said...

Thanks! Nice to be among fellow newbies. Good luck with the ditch chickens!